Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Want To Run

It was an interesting run today; I felt so sluggish yet my times around were actually too fast and I had to slow down to follow the training guide.

Perhaps it was the weather, which was so nice? Perhaps it was having survived the tsunami alert following the American Samoa earthquake? (The effects in Santa Monica were minimal to say the least). Perhaps it was just I am getting accustomed to this non-sprinting-style more and more and despite it feeling slow ... it really is not! I barely even broke a sweat which was really amazing.

Oddly enough, the "song in my head" for today was U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name." The song opens with "I want to run ..." Hmmm. It is a song that talks about continuing on despite struggles; somehow it seemed appropriate.

Hopefully, come March 21, I will feel a bit sharper for the Los Angeles Marathon and the running will be more energetic; but, if today was a sluggish result, I could accept it!

No comments:

Post a Comment