Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Dark Side

I now do my training early, as in pre-dawn. It makes for an interesting time. The streets of Santa Monica are much quieter. Little traffic. Less noise. The air seems more refreshing. Plus, this morning the sky was clear and there were numerous stars visible. It does make for a change form the hustle and bustle of life. Have I crossed to the dark side?

Meanwhile, the training schedule is being revised. I am curious about what will be changing. I guess I am also excited. It is interesting seeing the debates, and some doubts, expressed about the aerobic training phase. Even though I was "sprinterized" to think SPEED SPEED SPEED, I am just trying to follow along and believe in this new method.

I am pondering moving up to Group 6; but, I also am a bit cautious since I do not have much experience at really long-distance running and also at their pace. Shorter distances I could definitely manage Group 6 or 5 or ... Perhaps if I still stay at 7 and complete this one, I can look at moving up the next time. At this point, my main goal is completing the training and marathon rather than setting a time target.

Still, come March 21, hopefully, I will have the energy left so when I see the sight of the finish line for the Los Angeles Marathon in Santa Monica that I can go back to the old ways, the dark ways, .... SPRINTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment