Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Running in the Rain

Running in the rain, just running in the rain ... what a glorious feeling ...

This morning was the fun I had been anticipating ... running in the rain. It seems this is the largest October storm to hit Southern California in 45 years; so, I did the obvious ... I ran!

It was 45 minutes of running up and down the Pico Neighborhood with some little hills to boot. There were some massive ponds, er puddles, to cross/wade through along the way in the dark.

Still, it was so much fun. I was not completely inundated; but, I was definitely damp afterwards.

It was quite a different bit of marathon training; but, it all counts (I hope). Still, somehow this running through water did not quite match up to the opening of Chariots of Fire with the nice beach!

2 comments:

  1. Fellow Roadrunner!

    I found your blog when Little Ms. GG left a comment on mine. How exciting to meet a group of others via the Blogosphere.

    Is this your first marathon? Will you be at Roadrunners this weekend?

    By the way, my blog is Full Steam Marathon. Check it out! (www.fullsteammarathon.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is my first marathon! Yes, plan to be there next weekend as well.

    Will go check out yours as well.

    Roadrunners forever!

    ReplyDelete