Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Miss Running

This week is cut-back week at the Roadrunners training program. This means less running during the week, just two days versus the normal three as well as less time during the sessions. It has felt so strange not running!

This morning was actually different as I went out on the streets, well sidewalks, before dawn. No park. No grass. No sun. Still, it felt good, especially as it was the faster-paced part of the training.

It feels odd actually reducing my running, especially since the goal is to run further; but, the leaders have the experience. If feeling odd for a week heps me to complete the Los Angeles Marathon, then ...

Still, I missed running the other day. It has been such a positive and such a release valve to help with everything else. It is so important that I got up this morning at 4 a.m. to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment