Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back In Service

Well, after two weeks of trying to figure out what was wrong with y running and basically everything else along with a side trip to San Jose, I decided to give running another go.

So, I went to the Totem Pole for the weekly LA Running Club.

I am not training for any proper races right now; so, the suggested course was eight miles.

I set out on a solo mission at first briefly heading north to tap the actual totem pole before heading south. I got the knees on the lowest figure tapped for luck and off I went. The weather was amazing with bright sunshine and great views of the Pacific Ocean and the beach. It was perfect for the tourists visiting Santa Monica.

I was initially doing about 10:25 pace; but, I slowed down fearing a post-layoff meltdown. Still, it felt good to be cruising again and soon enough I was on the Santa Monica Pier. I made the descent down to beach level and continued to the hotels, where I simulated the water station for the LA Roadrunners.



I kept going on the usual path and was soon crossing into Venice and the line of marijuana stores, I mean clinics. Soon enough I glimpsed the flag poles at Windward and the familiar starting point. I went down Speedway and turned back to the beachside after a few blocks. I was back at Windward and stopped for water.



I started up again and soon met up with a fellow runner from my original group, Run 8. So, we ended up trotting and chatting up the coast. He was going to stop; but, kept going. I think it also helped me a great deal just being in group running-mode.

I reached the LA Running Club tent and stopped to stretch and then get some Gatorade and pretzels.

I surprised myself by running the eight miles; so, not a bad restart.

1:33.37 of running
8.01 miles
11:41 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment