Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Bad Run

I have seen the term "junk miles" in some running publications, the miles runners do these as kind of filling in time.

Well, Saturday, I had "crap miles."

Again, without a scheduled run, I was on "fun run" status and not really knowing too many people like me at LA Running Club, I set off solo on the scheduled eight miles.

It was very beautiful with the waves and sunshine and palm trees.

My first mile went well.

After that, it got bad, very fast. I felt sore and just sluggish. I was struggling by the time I even made the Santa Monica Pier. It was embarrassing.

I kept going and headed into Venice and Windward and a block beyond. I then looped and headed back to the starting point.

I was more chugging along than anything. No real flow. No real energy. I just was not in a good place (may be it is like the rest of my life?).

I made it back and stretched. Then, it was time for Gatorade. Plus, there were samples of a new nutrient, Agel.

I then headed back to St. Anne's and my car. Later that day I felt sore and just depressed about the run and a lot of things.

Oh well, I hope it is just a one-off as It was a bad, bad run. Eight miles should be easy ... and they were not.

8 miles
1:41.33 running
12:43 pace (horrible)

No comments:

Post a Comment