Saturday, June 5, 2010

Blowing Off Steam

I have had a hard week this week with a lot of nonsense on many fronts, particularly work.

I had not run since Monday and was sore Tuesday and Wednesday; but, I was kind of looking forward to running Saturday, even while wondering if it would be another painful trial.

I met up with the LA Running Club at the Totem Pole as usual and prepared. I set off on another solo mission of eight miles. I just needed to think and running helps.

I headed first around the Totem Pole, tapped the knees hopefully, and headed south towards the Santa Monica Pier. Much like I was feeling, it was all cloudy and overcast and no breeze. I was doing alright, considering.

I ran into Mitch from LA Roadrunner Run Group 7 on the way. He was recovering from injury and broke off at the Casa del Mar. I continued onwards after a pause for water.

I headed down into the familiar south Santa Monica and Venice stretch. I hit Windward and went a bit down Speedway before turning around to return to base. I stopped for water again.

I was chugging along alright, a bit slower than the downward leg though.

I crossed the pier and up to Ocean Avenue. The paths were often muddy which was a bad combination when mixed with sand from the beachfront part of the run.

I made it back ... not in great time or condition; but, I made it ... and a bit faster than last week.

Live to run another day.

8.00 miles
1:32.23 of time
11:33 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment