Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Holiday Haul

Since Monday was Memorial Day and besides being a day to remember those who sacrificed so much, it was a day off from work, I was able to go for the first time to the LA Running Club event held every Monday.

It is basically a 5-Miler which starts from the K-Swiss store in Santa Monica. I arrived and saw the senior pace leader of LA Roadrunners Group 7, Alan; we had a nice chat.

It came time to run and as we started ... I noticed Garmin must have been thrown by being indoors; so, I was unable to get it to measure data correctly.

I got off reasonably well; but, soon felt laggard. Perhaps it was just the overall tiredness I have felt lately, the late afternoon start, the resuming running after so long, ... I just was not going well.

I chugged along and followed some others; instead of the normal route to the Totem Pole, they opted for the beach run due to holiday crowds on Santa Monica Pier.

I was far from graceful and just kept going and turned around at Back on the Beach. Somehow, I made it back as my knee started to get sore.

Then it was time for Gatorade and bananas.

Not the best run; but, I guess some struggling miles are better than no miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment