Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Plugged Nickel

Saturday meant another chance to run with the LA Running Club.

Since there was a strength and stretching workshop I wanted to attend at 8:30 with one of the board members, I cut short my run to a nickel ... five miles.

I started out decently; but, it just was not a good run. I was wondering if the engine would stop working before the Santa Monica Pier!

I kept on to the hotels, took in some water, and crossed the bikepath. I just felt like the weather ... blah.

I was going, but not well, when I hit the turnpoint at Ocean Park. I headed back and was really just trying to move forward. It was far from a classic.

I made it back thankfully, just down from how I had run.

I did go to the stretching and strength workshop which was quite good. I also got some technique hints.

So, it was a plugged nickel of a run; but, I got my two cents in at the workshop.

1:02.11 of running
5.24 miles
11:51 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment