Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Baaaaaack

This morning I finally got a chance to try running again.

I had decided to rest my knee and the past few weeks have seen various levels of difficulty and soreness.

After giving it 30 days of relative ease (no running since the Victory Run), I got up dark and early this morning for a test trot.

I took a little lap around Pico and then towards Santa Monica Airport. Nothing too spectacular or fast; but, I made it. A little sore.

The speed was not very high; the senior pace leader for my LA Roadrunners group had said restart slowly (in fact this pace was probably quicker than suggested!). Plus, I was not sure what to expect and felt better having some success than risking disaster.

The big thing was starting again. Now, to see what tomorrow brings ...

31:09 of running
12:04 pace (slow :-( )
2.58 miles

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're back. We need to keep doing this or we run the risk of gaining 60 lbs.

    Yes, start slowly. Learn from my mistake: I ran so fast a while back, and then I couldn't walk for two weeks. You don't want that happening to you.

    Uhh... 12:04 is NOT slow.

    ReplyDelete