Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Jury Is Out

Monday was my final day of jury duty in Inglewood, thankfully. Getting out at 4:30 p.m. meant I could for once make it to the LA Running Club Monday night run at KSwiss store in Santa Monica.

It was still quite sunny and also and more importantly quite hot. I also felt a little tired from the day; but, off I went. I kind of settled in an in-between spot between the fast runners and the not as fast runners and the walkers. In essence, I was alone. The goal was to get to the Totem Pole and back.

It felt a bit sluggish going up and I resorted to the water bottle a few times. Still, it was nice to be running. I reached the Totem Pole, stopped for water, and then began the descent back to KSwiss.

Somehow, I suddenly felt quite peaceful and gained energy. May be it was the beautiful sight of the setting sun with the Santa Monica Pier, the bay, the palm trees ... I felt really good while running, a very wonderful feeling after all the struggles. It might have been hot physically; but, mentally, it was quite refreshing.

I reached the pier and saw one of my former Confirmation class students at her job; so, that was a bonus.

I continued onwards and downwards reaching Main and then the KSwiss store. Then it was back to the Gatorade and pretzels.

Still, I felt good ... that was a plus.

59:38.03 of running
5.32 miles
11:02 pace

1 comment: