Thursday, August 12, 2010

Try, Try Again

Thursday morning came and it was time for another run, again a short one.

I decided to see how I would react to another run eight hours after a prior one.

I set out and immediately came the feeling of congestion in my chest, a bit of soreness in the legs, and some pain in the ankle. Not a good start at all.

This was a different route running a bit west and then east into Los Angeles and back into Santa Monica. It also had a little bit of hillwork.

I did appreciate the relative quiet of the pre-dawn, the lack of traffic, the lack of noise, ...

It was still a hard run and disappointing. I keep trying to do better and it is not happening. The pace was really disheartening.

Still, better to have a bad run than no run.

30:02 of running
2.41 miles
12:29 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment