Monday, August 16, 2010

Opening the Week

Monday came and it was up dark and quite early for a trot as par of the LA Running Club schedule.

I did get a nice , clear sky with some stars visible, which was a nice change. I decided to change the route and did a quick leg to Cloverfield before heading east and east and east down Pico Boulevard, which brought some hillwork as a bonus. At the start I was having another round of coughing.

I decided to really go to a new frontier and crossed Bundy as I entered into Los Angeles; so, headed on to Barrington and turned around.

At this point I felt pretty good and no more coughing. I had thought there would be problems after running the night before and not sleeping well; but, I actually felt stronger, which was nice.

I headed back along Pico Boulevard amid the pre-dawn quiet and calm and made it home, feeling much better.

It was not perfect; but, it was a great relief after the recent problems.

30:12 of running
2.73 miles
11:04 pace

1 comment: