Sunday, August 15, 2010

When Saturday Comes

Saturday meant another LA Running Club run. It was scheduled to be a cutback week, so just about 60 minutes or so.

It was again overcast and kind of dull, even the Pacific Ocean waves seemed quieter.

The group seemed smaller as well, perhaps due to a paceleaders meeting for LA Roadrunners!

The goal for my training day was the Santa Monica-Venice border and return.

I set out fairly fast until about the Santa Monica Pier. Then, I began to feel drained mentally and physically and it became a struggle. I just could not feel a good flow or motion, even though my form should be better.

Near the turnaround point, my calves began to feel like they were weighted with lead. It was not a good sensation.

I resorted yet again to survival running and just trying to turn my feet over and keep going.

I felt a little surge of energy crossing California Incline and to the end; but, it was still not dominant power.

All in all for what was supposed to be an easy run, it was very frustrating and depressing. Still, six miles was a lot more than I would do a year ago.

6.17 miles
1:13.26 of running
11:52 pace

1 comment:

  1. Six miles is great!
    (I can't do that... I'm out of shape again.)

    ReplyDelete