Friday, September 3, 2010

80 for 1

I had taken a day off as my legs were unusually sore after the intervals. Thursday evening I resumed running.

The schedule from LA Running Club called for 80 minutes of aerobic pace, a decent run, to prepare for the LA Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon.

The evening was pleasant and there was even a slight breeze. I set out along Pico before heading towards the Santa Monica Airport and Clover Park areas again.

Setting out was relatively easy. I did have to dodge bikes, dogs, walkers, etc. that are not normally around at pre-dawn runs. I trotted south and then entered the airport area before heading for the welcoming lights of Clover Park after about 20 minutes.

I then began doing the laps around the park. It helps not having to stop for traffic lights, having a relatively level surface and also knowing the landmarks. The park also nicely provides water!

So around and round I went. I stopped at 40 minutes to take in water and a Clif Shot mocha flavor to see how I did with it as well as needing energy.

I must have been somewhat focused on running as I finally noticed a nice Citation jet had been replaced by a King Air on the ramp by the park. Normally, I would have noticed the slightest move.

The mocha Clif Shot seemed to be a boost as well. A bit messy to try and use; but, it tasted great!

So, I did the 80 minutes and felt decently. I still need to get faster; but, 80 minutes is not bad.

1:25.34 of running
7.21 miles
11:54 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment