Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Roadrunners!

My next run was my first official LA Roadrunners run of the 2010-2011 season in the buildup to the 2011 Honda LA Marathon Presented by KSwiss.

There was a little talk by Rod Dixon and others before setting outside. We did get the Roadrunners chant1 (Yeah!) As the runners left the gym, I went back to my old group, Run 7. Somehow I was not as excited as the first time (or as nervous!).

It was so different! I hardly knew anyone. My old crew at the back was gone. It was a surprise.

The group set out for a quick run north along the now very familiar Strand. This group seemed quieter than last year, may be just due to the first day.

We made it back and I headed to the school for the traditional Gatorade and bananas. Some things never change.

Then, it was off to the parish festival.

I am on the way to LA Marathon II for me.

36:15 of running

3.17 miles

11:48 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment