Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Odd Intervals

Monday meant another run and this time it was some intervals. I am still keeping to the LA Running Club plan for the LA Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon rather than first week of LA Roadrunners' training.

The intervals this time went up 30 seconds to 6:30 and rest decreased 30 seconds to 3:30.

I warmed up walking to Clover Park for the waiting semi-circuit.

The first interval went relatively well. It was not quite as fast as I wanted; but, it felt comfortable and a relative success.

The second internal was decent as well. It was a little slower; but, it was close in pace which was a good sign for consistency.

The intervals got more interesting on the third session. About two minutes in, it seemed like my energy was drained. It was if I had a flat tire. I could not keep the pace and my desire to get back the speed went unfulfilled. It was a very rough run and frustration.

The fourth run came and was a bit better. I managed to pick up the speed for the second half.

All in all I got it done; but, it was disappointing not to have run faster and even more disappointing with the third run.

#1 .67 miles 6:32 of running 9:45 pace
#2 .66 miles 6:32 of running 9:57 pace
#3 .60 miles 6:31 of running 10:56 pace
#4 .66 miles 6:35 of running 9:58 pace

1 comment:

  1. I never liked intervals... in fact, I never did any :-)

    I wish I could run as fast as you do.

    ReplyDelete