Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Speed It Up

Well, with the LA Running Club schedule progressing for the LA Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon, it was time to start going for more speed.



In fact, it was time for intervals! The repeated fast runs with slow breaks. Being an old sprinter, I look forward to them.



This time, I headed to Clover Park for a semi-closed-circuit. It was a nice pleasant evening, which helped.



I set off on #1 and felt decent. I huffed and puffed around the cement sidewalk dodging a few walkers and joggers. I did the six minutes, stopped, and looked at my Garmin. I thought I had gone relatively fast; but, the results were disappointing. Four minutes of rest and repeat.

It happened again ... and again ... and again. I felt pretty good, thought I ran fast, and. ... dud. The only thing positive was there had been good consistency.

It really seems like I have shed speed and the ability to be fast as the range increased. Now, I have to regain that edge.

#1 6:03 of running .6 miles 10:08 pace
#2 6:04 of running .6 miles 10:01 pace
#3 6:04 of running .62 miles 9:53 pace
#4 6:04 of running .6 miles 10:13 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment