Sunday, September 12, 2010

Friday Futility

It was a cutback week for the LA Running Club training schedule; so, less runs and less distance were planned.

I had planned to run Thursday evening; but, the all too clear sound of numerous police cars in the area gave me sufficient reason to alter the plan.

I set out on a planned short run and fairly soon realized it was not going to be an easy one. It was and is an unsettling feeling.

I continued onwards around the Pico Neighborhood, taking in the relatively busy evening compared to the much calmer pre-dawn. It is amazing how the neighborhood changes over a few hours, though there are constants like the doughnut store being open.

I ran towards Santa Monica Airport and Clover Park, seeing a few business jets. I felt quite lethargic and knew the statistics for this race would be less than stellar.

I kept going and headed for home.

I finished and faced disappointment ...

30:49 of running
2.42 miles
12:45 pace

1 comment: