Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day Laboring

Labor Day was a welcome day off from work and an opportunity to run with the LA Running Group. I went to meet them at the KSwiss store in south Santa Monica for the late afternoon excursion.

I set out and decided to adopt a medium pace, meaning I was soon left for dead by the fast runners. Still, I was doing alright and headed north. The ascent up the Santa Monica Pier was a tad more complex due to the huge number of visitors enjoying the evening.

I felt alright and was keeping my pace along Ocean Avenue, reaching the turnaround at the Totem Pole, which meant time for some water.

The return was a solo run basically, even as I was encountering many other non-LARC runners.

It was very nice seeing the sunset over the Pacific Ocean; it is hard to beat as a running environment.

I returned back to KSwiss and enjoyed the nice pretzels and drinks. It is a nice way to end a run.

It then dawned on me that I was the very last one to return. The rabbits had blown by me and those slower, including even the walkers, had taken the short option. Humiliating, that.

Still, I enjoyed the run.

1:00.00 of running
5.39 miles
11:08 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment