Monday, July 19, 2010

Heat!

Saturday morning meant it was time to visit the LA Running Club for the weekly run.

Unlike prior weeks it was a morning of bright sun and heat. The waves looked quite inviting.

I set out on a shorter run and headed south along the dirt. I soon felt glad to be carrying a water bottle with me. The Santa Monica Pier which was the original goal was crossed and I headed a bit further than initially planned reaching the #1 LA Roadrunners water station at the hotels.

I gulped some water and headed back. I was doing alright; but, it seems rather sluggish and lethargic when I tried to run or especially accelerate.

I made it back, gratefully got some Gatorade and pretzels, and began thinking.

56:37 of running
4.36 miles
11:50 pace

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget that it was a really HOT week. Maybe that contributed to you feeling sluggish.

    ReplyDelete