Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pulling the Wrong Way

Monday was a holiday and a rare chance to run with the LA Running Club from the KSwiss store.

Several members suggested differing lengths. Having struggled lately while running I opted for the Totem Pole and back, more or less south to north to south Santa Monica.

I set out at a decent speed; but, I still did not feel full power. When I climbed the Santa Monica Pier I really began to feel sluggish.

I reached the Totem Pole and headed back. A short while later I felt some soreness above my right hip and quickly realized I had pulled the dreaded something muscle, which made for an interesting return.

I eventually made it back to KSwiss and enjoyed some strawberries, pretzels, a banana and Gatorade; but, I felt frustrated again.

1:02.37 of running
5.31 miles
11:50 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment