Monday, July 12, 2010

Saturday Struggles

I had not run since Monday evening when I arrived at the LA Running Club event Saturday. A pulled muscle had driven me to the sidelines; so, I was a bit leery.

I set out on an eight miler decently heading south to the Santa Monica Pier on another overcast day.

I reached the pier and had a sinking feeling, just a massive drop in energy. Still, I kept on, just slower, and in some pain as the muscle pull made its presence known.

Eventually, I reached the trunaorund just beyond Windward in Venice and headed back.

I struggled mightily. The wheels were not working well and it reverted back to survival run-level.

Finally, I made it back to the start.

I got some Gatorade and pretzels and perked up a bit. I then spoke with representatives from KSwiss who were helpful with some ideas and made it seem a bit better.

Still, what might have been ...

1:41.57 of running
8.04 miles
12:41 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment