Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday: Woes and Weird

I set out this morning for another training run dark and early around south Santa Monica.

Immediately, it all seemed a struggle, just not much energy or more worryingly even enthusiasm.

I headed towards Santa Monica Airport and felt a twinge, right where I had pulled a muscle July 4, and from then on it was sore.

I slowed and tried to just keep going. Unfortunately, it was another survival run.

I trotted around the area and as I headed home saw something moving in front of me.
It turned out to be a raccoon out foraging. When a car approached, I saw it disappear down a storm drain! A storm drain?

I made it back a bit disappointed; but, I guess some miles, even if very slow, are better than no miles.

35.12 of running
2.71 miles
12:57 pace

1 comment:

  1. A racoon!!! Maybe he's a friend from the ones I saw a few months ago.

    Correct! Some miles are better than none. I must remember that for the future.

    ReplyDelete