Monday, December 28, 2009

Day Off ...

Well, today normally would be a running day (I tend to go on Monday and take Tuesday as the day off in the LA Roadrunners schedule).

After Saturday's long run and yesterday's not-so-speedy walk, I decided this will not be a running week, well until Saturday. I am going for a bit of rest. I may do some walking as well (well, besides normal amount in job and commuting). Hopefully, the knee will respond to the rest, the brace, and the ice. I may give it a second week off next week.

It does feel weird not to have been and I feel rather guilty. It did give me a bit extra sleep, which hopefully will help me finish off a cold and some general tiredness.

I guess right now it is trying to balance pain vs. soreness, recklessness vs. tough it out, pride vs. practical, and more ...

3 comments:

  1. Good decision to rest this week, especially if you have a cold and are tired.

    And, don't you have an event with your teenage students? You need to be in top shape for that. So... yep! Better rest and get some extra sleep. No reason to feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have a nice relaxing, sleepfree Confirmation retreat January 8-10 in the mountains ... think of it as your cute little kids semi-grown up for 2.5 days in the mountains ...

    I hope I can just get back to more or less functioning soon (and same for you).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We might have a sleepover too; just for one night, though.

    I have a question: here in America, is it common for children to do their confirmation when they are teenagers? I did my confirmation when I was about 9; then my First Communion around 11 (I was old).

    AHHH!!! (I just remember something) One of my former kids (whose parents are from Oaxaca) told me that her teenage sister was doing a Confirmation retreat. She might be one of your kids. I forgot what church in SM, though.

    So funny. Such a small world.

    ReplyDelete