Thursday, December 24, 2009

New Place ... New Time

Well, Thursday is not only Christmas Eve, it is another running day, scheduled for 45 minutes of LA Roadrunners training.

This time it was a new environment, Baldwin Park, coupled with LIGHT and eating some left over Pan Dulce from a Posada, so some new variables.

I set out and got a good pace going, though some twinges in the knee. I got settled in though which was good and weather was really nice.

I took a totally unplanned route and just went by instinct. Some streets were free of lights; others I was stopping every block. I was in residential and commercial areas. I even managed to get chased by some little dog; but, it backed off as soon as I stopped and looked at it! :-) There were some less amiable dogs though trying to get over fences for a run at me.

I was doing pretty well and my knee got better as the run continued. I think some of the stops helped as well. It was a bit sore; but, it was tolerable and not as bad as the last long run.

Put up a respectable 4.34 miles in 45:35, which was decent.

In the end I am pretty happy the knee held up and while not perfect by far survived ... plus first run at LT target pace! 10:30 to the dot! Yeah! By old standards that is slow; but, by new survival mode standards, I will take that gratefully.

Feliz Navidad a Todos. Happy Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. :-) You were chased by a dog. :-) Was it a Chihuahua?
    Those things are "Chiquitos pero picosos," (Small but spicy-- phrase of the day)

    I'm glad you had something to eat before your run. That pan dulce is sure good, isn't it?

    I'm happy that your knee is better, especially after running at LT pace. Hurray!

    Feliz Navidad to you and your family! ¡Feliz Noche Buena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was some sort of small dog; but, i don;t think it was a Chihuahua.

    Si, me gusta pan dulce mucho.

    !Feliz Navidad (muy tarde ... :-() a Ud. y su familia tambien!

    ReplyDelete