Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Bit Sluggish

Today was another mid-week training run under the Roadrunners schedule for the Los Angeles Marathon.

It has been really nice in the pre-dawn this week and again this morning it was a star-filled clear sky as I set out for a 45-minute run (added five for missing five yesterday).

Today I did have a little knee pain, especially at the start; but, I came through the run. It did feel a bit sluggish overall. I managed to go to Los Angeles and Santa Monica, under a freeway (the 10), by an airport (Santa Monica), and more.

I managed 3.72 miles in 45:12, a bit slower than the target pace. Today there was a lot of stops at lights and then I forgot to restart the Garmin at one! So, I really ran about 48 minutes. The good points were practicing hillwork and just being out there going about business. It was not the ideal run; but, they can not all be, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment