Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday Trial Run

This morning was another training run, a 40-minute trip according to the schedule.

I again tried the GU Energy Gel Espresso Love variety before setting out and again no problems digesting it. Overall, it was a fairly smooth run, which was a good sign for Saturday.

I am also learning where the sidewalk is uneven, which is proving important in the pre-dawn!

It is still a strange feeling seeing a mostly empty Pico Boulevard. There is usually activity around Trader Joe's; but, otherwise, I see few people at all besides the odd driver passing.

I took out a street map and began looking at the course. It should be challenging, as if 26.2 miles would ever be easy, but fun as well. Godwilling, come March 21, I will be on that Ocean Avenue straightaway, sensing the end of the Los Angeles Marathon ... and feeling the need!

No comments:

Post a Comment