Sunday, November 1, 2009

Me vs. the Electronic Conscience

Well, it was Sunday today and the revised Roadrunners schedule has us on aerobic running now. So, off dark and early I went, with my new running friend, the Garmin 305.

I am still working things out with it. It seems a tad distracting checking my wrist, especially as all those sprint years have you focus dead ahead and ONLY dead ahead. Also, the pace monitor has me a bit perplexed. I try to run at the 12:00 target pace; but, with the realities of running on streets with stop signs, traffic lights, etc. even pre-dawn, it is hard and suddenly my electronic running conscience says I am off pace badly! So, being intent on returning to the target pace, ... I SPRINT! That is what I am not supposed to be doing ... not that I mind it mind you. This looks like a question for the paceleaders.

So, my 30:55 minutes of running yielded 2.13 miles. Overall, I was happy and may be that is what the key is to this whole experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment