Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Day After

Today was the second consecutive day of running in daylight (third if you ignore Friday's off day). I am beginning to feel less like a vampire! Since it was an off day for my CCD class, I got to sleep in a little as well as make my run early but in the sunshine. The LA Roadrunners guide has it down for 30 minutes.

I also experimented a bit. I decided to walk down to Clover Park by Santa Monica Airport where I sued to run. Since the park is open at 6 a.m., I could legally go for a trot. I like the park as it has nice grass fields to run in as well as some airplanes to watch along the way. I also hoped it would loosen my legs a bit.

I started to trot and it still felt sluggish after the walk. I could still feel the "workout soreness" from Saturday; but, I kept plugging along. Even a brief sprint did not help which was disappointing.

For a little while, my pace was 10 seconds off the goal which was not good; but, I began to feel a bit better 15 minutes in and it slowly got down into a good range. I was still enjoying being out in the sun and the nice weather, even with the soreness. I finished up at 30:05 (went very much by the clock instead of usual returning home) for 2.52 miles at 11:57 pace. It was not ideal; but, it worked.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for getting some extra sleep. Running at 6 am sounds much better than 4 am (when it must be extra extra cold-- YES! it's cold in S. CA)

    I'm happy to read that you're in good shape after Sat.'s run (unlike some of us who feel like a train ran us over.)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete