Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Watch the Turkey Run

One of the questions I have been asked when people find out I am actually training for the Los Angeles Marathon is ... "Are you crazy?" Well, the answer is likely yes; but, not because of the running! So, yet again some turkey was running around early this morning in my neighborhood..

I set out again this morning for the scheduled Roadrunners run of 50 minutes. It started out a bit slowly as my knee was sore and seems to need to be warmed up before it gets feeling better; but, soon I felt a lot better and for the first time this week felt good out there running.

I was doing well pacewise according to the Garmin 305 electronic conscience and also it was nice weather with clear, star-filled skies (for those wondering, Thanksgiving Day weekend traffic at 4 a.m. is non-existent!).

I ran into Los Angeles and then back to Santa Monica, down to Santa Monica Airport, back for some more hillwork, and then over to Virginia Avenue Park and then home. Overall, it felt good and I did well ... 11:58 pace, 4.24 miles and 50:41 run. So, encouraging!

I hope to run in the morning as well as scheduled, just a different spot. Then enjoy a Thanksgiving Day and off Friday.

Hopefully Thanksgiving Day is a day of rest and enjoyment and blessings for all ... and a good day for the Roadrunners!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'm glad you are feeling much better. I told you it was just a phase.

    People tell you you're crazy too? I thought I was the only one been "insulted." I think they're just jealous that we are athletes and they are not.

    By the way, I liked your other blogs, especially the Social Services one. It's nice to keep the community updated; in particular the Latino community who often times do not know where to find such information. On behalf of them, ¡muchas gracias!

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    We try ;-)

    Just wait until March 21 when we get our medals ... then we'll see who's laughing :-)

    ReplyDelete