Monday, November 16, 2009

Nice Start to the Week

With the Roadrunners training guide for the Los Angeles Marathon, it basically tells you when and what to run (when/time/level/distance, etc.). So, they also include offdays ... Monday or Tuesday plus always Friday.



I tend to run on Monday due to scheduling. I set out this morning early (like 04:15). I set out on my more or less chosen 30-minute route around Santa Monica and did feel a bit of "workout" lag at the start; but, this went away as I got more into the run.



It was an amazing scene though with so many stars in a clear sky. It was great. I even encountered a speedwalker out early and we both commented on how perfect conditions were.



I did feel a bit of soreness, more lactic acid than anything, in my calves later; but, it soon went away.



All in all, it was not a bad start to the week.

1 comment:

  1. Four Fifteen in the morning?!!! Wow!!!

    I used to complain about waking up at 5:20am, but no more.

    I'm still struggling from Saturday's run. I'm sore everywhere. Even areas that I didn't know existed.

    ReplyDelete