Friday, November 27, 2009

Home Run!

Well, Thursday, it was off very dark and early to my parents' house in Orange County. it is quite amazing how little traffic there is on the 10, 60, and 57 at 4;30 a.m.! !Me gusta mucho!

Still, Thanksgiving Day or not, the LA Roadrunners manual for marathon training had a run scheduled. So, once I was back in Yorba Linda, I set off in the weird feeling of a daylight solo run!

It was just incredible, with light Santa Ana winds, sunny, warm, ... very, very nice. Also, lots of real hills to go up and down for extra credit (I wish). I went by my kindergarten school even. Also, the inspirational smell of horse manure ... well, may be that was a drawback.

It was great though being in the homeland and getting to train on some different terrain. There were also some friendly joggers and walkers about, which was a nice change.

I ran 11:46 pace for 41:29 or 3.53 miles according to the Garmin 305 electronic conscience. While I was able to speed up due to running in the light and not having to be careful about tripping in the dark like at home, I was still happy as this run had a lot more hills than normal.

Not a bad way to get Thanksgiving Day going ... home run indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving Day with your family.

    It's amazing to hear how you are awake at such early hours of the day. How do you do it?

    Does your school look the same these days? I visit my elementary school when I'm in Mexico City. It looks just the same, only smaller in size.

    14 miles tomorrow! See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been an earlyriser ... only one of the six kids born early (6 a.m.).

    Overall it looked quite the same. Some different colors painted and such. My high shcool has changed a lot though!

    D.F. for you! Wow!

    Yes, 14 miles!!!

    ReplyDelete