Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Would Run 800 Miles ...

Today was another mid-week run. I misread the schedule though, seeing last week's, and did 45 minutes instead of the new high mark of 50. Still, it was a good run under another star-filled, clear sky. I got in my hillwork and my time and right on pace: 45:10 of running for a pace of 11:58 over 3.78 miles. Because it was a long run and a short night, I used two of the GU Chomps for a little energy boost. I also saw a few early morning arrivals headed into LAX; I checked later and apparently they were part of a wave from Hawaii! I now will also do an extra five minutes tomorrow (45 vs scheduled 40).

I also got an interesting email from the very informative senior pace leader for Group 7 (Lucky 7/Magnificent 7). He said in training we will run over 800 miles! He does seem pleased with the group, which is good.

All of this has me thinking of the Proclaimers song, "I Would Walk 10,000 Miles," just for the Roadrunners and the Los Angeles Marathon, may be it can be changed to "I Will Run 800 Miles So I Can Run 26.2 More."

No comments:

Post a Comment