Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ashes, Ashes ...

Wednesday was a busy day indeed.

First, as a Catholic lad, it was Ash Wednesday; so, cut down on the food and increase the ashes on forehead ...

Second, it was intervals time for the LA Roadrunners training; so, cut down on the between accelerations times and increase the acceleration times.

This week it was four sessions of 10:00 runs with 1:00 between as the intensity increases each week.

I headed out again for Clover Park and the semi-closed circuit.

I also managed to start coughing again; I am not sure if it is the same one as before or a second round.

I set out on Round I and did decently. My knee was a bit tender.

On Round II I changed the prevailing plan and tried to start slow and build-up speed; this did not work out too well as coughing started. The results were not quite what I wanted.

Round III came after another "Do I go or go home" moment. It was even slower.

Round IV was focus time. I realized I was not going to be near the goal; but, I did complete it and at an improved rate.

All in all it was not so good time-wise; but, I did complete the assignment at least. Also, I kind of like the at least mental notion of being in sprint-mode rather than long-run mode. as poor as it was goal-wise, I did like just being out there running again and that was a good sign again.

Round I 10:05 of running 1.01 miles 9:59 pace
Round II 10:06 of running 0.93 miles 10:52 pace
Round III 10:02 of running 0.93 miles 10:56 pace (doh)
Round IV 10:08 of running 0.94 miles 10:44 pace (well, better than II and III!)

So, I did my laps, wore my ashes, and ran to run another day.

2 comments:

  1. Interval training sounds difficult. But, I think you did a great job!!!

    I have to get you the red onion homemade remedy against coughs from my aunt in Mexico. It's heavy duty stuff, but that should work.

    That cough needs to be gone before March 21.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the cough goes ...

    Intervals are a bit fun because they at least in my mind feel like sprinting.

    ReplyDelete