Sunday, February 21, 2010

Baby Steps

So, Sunday has come and it was time to run again for the LA Roadrunners.

This time the schedule called for 45 minutes (only time on the schedule).

I set out again dark and early. I had a little coughing again. This time though I did feel better in my quads (a little sore) and calves (not at all) and more importantly knee (not too bad). I also kept the brace off this time.

After the coughing began, I just decided to go slow again and just take it in as I ran. I was also thinking a great deal.

I kind of eased along a modified M1 route. The weather was not too bad; so, that helped.

I was a little disappointed; but, the turboboost thoughts just were not coming and I thought it best to save energy for a hard week. (The Group 7 SPL said he even though Sundays were optional). I felt slow. kind of taking baby steps.

I made it home after a spell. It was more just a stretch-the-legs trot than anything. Still, as slow as I was, my time was a bit better than last Sunday on a longer time ... so, baby steps of progress.

This might be what it will take to do the Los Angeles Marathon ... baby steps upon baby steps.

46:09 of running (vs. 32:02 last Sunday)
13:37 pace (vs 13:43 last Sunday)
3.38 miles (vs. 2.34 miles last Sunday)

3 comments:

  1. At this point, don't worry about the times. Just focus on not getting hurt for the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes; but, have to be careful not to get too cuatious ... look what happened to Indianapolis Colts!

    ReplyDelete