Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Trails

It is Monday ... and I set out in the pre-dawn for some more LA Roadrunners training.

Again, I tried running without the brace and my knee felt pretty good. It is not perfect by far; but, it is better. I did still have some off and on coughing; but, overall, things just seemed better somehow.

I did run slower than target; I think partly just wanting to enjoy things going relatively well and now having something go wrong from trying to push it and partly just being a bit low on energy and wanting to keep energy reserves up for Saturday.

Today was only 40 minutes (even less than the Sunday light run!). I took M1 route basically and cruised around a dark Santa Monica and briefly entered Los Angeles. The threatened rain did not come; so, it was pretty easy. I was going along pretty well with only traffic lights causing breaks in momentum and time lost.

I got back after an uneventful, but still pretty fulfilling run, and enjoyed two tostadas. I think this may become a pre-run and post-run tool for mid-week training!

41:08 of running
3.48 miles
11:49 pace

3 comments:

  1. See, I told you things would get better... but does anyone listen to me? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mea culpa. Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

    Hoping it can stay this way ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete