Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fizzle in the Drizzle?

Wednesday came and it was time for some more training for the LA Roadrunners as I work to complete my first marathon ... coming quite soon, the Los Angeles Marathon.

It was drizzling and I had already had a longer-than-normal commute home. Still, I wanted to go out; so, I got changed, put on the gear and a windbreaker plus the cap ... and then ate the new idea: a tostada. I also downed my Aleves and opted against the knee brace.

I headed down to Clover Park again for semi-closed circuit. With the light rain and drizzle, the park was almost empty. I had two runs to do; two each of 20 minutes with a 5-minute slow-period between.

I set out on number 1 and felt pretty good. I had less coughing and knee felt a bit better. I was a bit concerned about the wet cement though. I got the run down and felt pretty good, except for the time.

I did the slow-period and then set off again. The second run felt better, at least in my head. For a nice change, I felt comfortable as I made the rounds. The drizzle lessened and eventually got to zero. I felt I had run decently ...

The odd thing is my time was not enarly as good in #2 despite feeling better AND faster! That was a bit disappointing. I had wanted to do well. I at least finished though and less pain than before; so, may be that is doing well.

Still, my speed or lack thereof, is a bit of a concern. It felt like a firework that got wet in the drizzle; you light it and .... fizzle. DUD.

#1
20:02 of running
1.77 miles
11:20 pace

#2
20:04 of running
1.68 miles
11:52 pace

2 comments:

  1. What are you talking about? Those times are great!!!

    What time did you run yesterday? I went out around 6:30 pm and it was drizzling a tiny bit. :-(

    I have a request: please publish the recipe to the tostadas you've been eating. Do they have frijoles, pollo, lechuga, jitomate, salsa, queso? Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went out at 8:20 and got back at like 9:45 ... had to dodge a dog a woman had been kind enough to unleash. #^@#*&#(#.

    Will work on tostadas recipe.

    ReplyDelete