Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tostada Power

Since Monday was a holiday and a much-needed one at that, I was able to sleep in and even run in the daylight! I even had a pre-run tostada, left over from Sunday at church.

So, I set out at 7:30 a.m. for an hour of training as the LA Roadrunners build up intensity for ... the Los Angeles Marathon.

It was sunny and already relatively warm; but, I felt decent as I headed out on M1. I modified the plan a little to get some laps of Clover Park in rather than just streets. Still, I hit Los Angeles and Santa Monica.

I was doing decently 10:45-10:50 pace until the lights started taking a toll (the stop-and-go really creates havoc with my pace and my knee is not amused either).

I got to the park and slowed down some as it was getting warm. I would do splash-and-dash at a drinking fountain as I went by on the laps.

My calves were fine; but, the quads got a little more tender as the run progressed; but, they were better than Sunday and Saturday.

I made it home with a bit better performance than last week. May be I need to focus on tostadas?

1:00.36 of running
11:39 pace
5.20 miles of running

2 comments:

  1. That was a great pace!

    Keep eating those tostadas; I think you found a secret here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I think the tostadas are coming into the inventory. They have meat (protein), cheese (carbos), vegetables, shells ... They are quick to reheat and I like them ...

    I am really thinking they can solve or at least help the food situation in the morning.

    ReplyDelete