Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday is Just Another Day

Thursday was another training run, the last before THE BIG ONE with the LA Roadrunners. So, I was interested to see how I would react on a short-night and two runs in under eight hours.

I headed out with my windbreaker again, unsure how the weather would be, on M1 The Extension. I felt pretty good and my knee while a bit sore was surviving without the brace.

I was doing pretty well as I headed along the route, which includes some hills even without adding the special hillwork required on some runs. I hit Los Angeles and went back into Santa Monica pretty comfortably. I coughed some; but, it is down from the worst of it.

I did a loop down around the airport and headed home. Besides the traffic light momentum killers, I did stop ... for some reason I just stopped by the airport and waited a minute (Yes, the Garmin electronic conscience was clicked off). I just stood there and took in ... the silence. It was so quiet! No traffic. No airplanes. No dogs. Nothing! I started up again and my tranquil oasis quickly ended as a Santa Monica Park Range patrol car went by (no problems though!).

I made it home alright. Again I was thinking and wishing for more speed; but, I survived better physcially at least.

40:33 of running
11:58 pace
3.38 miles

2 comments:

  1. Great work!!!

    Mindfulness. When you stopped and noticed the silence you were practicing mindfulness. That's a good way to quiet the mind which is often times our worst enemy.

    Ok, ignore the previous statement.

    I'm really happy that you felt pretty good. That's a good sign for this Saturday.

    By the way, good luck this Saturday when we'll be setting a new first. We haven't had a "first" in such a long time. Have lots of fun. We can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Yes, it's FIRST time again! Woo hoo.

    SI SE PUEDE!

    ReplyDelete