Thursday, March 11, 2010

30 Minutes of ...

Today was the last individual running day for the week. Saturday is the last LA Roadrunners group run as the Los Angeles Marathon draws closer.

It was kind of odd this morning as I did not want to run at all; but, I got up and going, thankfully.

I set out dark and early on an abbreviated M1. With the wind blowing, I decided to go with a windbreaker.

I felt pretty comfortable going around and was right around LT time once I got the wheels turning. I was relieved to feel this way as my knee has been a tad touchy in non-running hours.

The stoplights took turns tormenting me and one long one on Bundy and Pico is just a pace killer. Still, I cruised around the route, which still includes some smallish hills. After leaving Los Angeles, it was back into Santa Monica and then towards the airport. Today there were two park ranger vehicles looking about; but, no worries.

I made it home and got cleaned up for the day. I was a bit off target pace-wise; but, I was also faster than last time.

I also know for whatever reasons I run better after eating, in a group, and in the daylight ... all three of which were not happening this morning.

Hope is coming.

35:04 of running (a bit over target)
3.17 miles
11:04 pace

1 comment:

  1. BUT, you will have those components on race day. That means you will have a great run on March 21!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete