Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another Day Closer

The LA Roadrunners training schedule for the Los Angeles Marathon is now in the tapering phase. The runs are now less frequent and less minutes and less work (i.e. no or few hills recommended).

So, I set out for another 30 minute-trot. For whatever reason I felt nervous beforehand; but, things settled down decently and got going along M1.

I felt pretty comfortable. The knee was decent; again though my calves got a bit sore after a mile for some reason I can not understand. it is not really painful; it is more just annoying. It is not the shoes as they are still fairly new.

Anyways, I made the rounds hitting Santa Monica and Los Angeles and then down towards Santa Monica Airport before heading home.

I was a little disappointed with the pace; but, it gets badly affected by seemingly hitting every traffic light and then having to restart. On the other hand, I do feel better physically.

38:39 of running (well, have to cut the route down for the next run')
3.41 miles
11:20 pace

3 comments:

  1. No, it's not the shoes, I think. They're pretty much brand new.

    Why were you nervous? Porque? Que pasa?

    I have to run today and tomorrow. I don't want to. My legs feel like lead. It must be the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure why particularly nervous. It might be just realizing the date is here or thinking of last year or just some stuff going on right now ... or a combo. It was just unusual(usually too tired to be nervous!).

    I hope your runs go well. I find the running helps loosen up my legs when they feel heavy; I hope the same happens with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Sometimes we get combos like those. I got one of those today. It was awful. Worst day of 2010.

    ReplyDelete