Monday, March 1, 2010

Afterwards

Sunday was the day after ... the day after 20 miles.

For some crazy reason, I was unable to sleep very well Saturday night, which very much surprised me. So, when Sunday morning came, I was a bit wary of trying to go out very early and opted for a little extra sleep before class and everything else.

I did manage some more crosstraining ... moving and lifting tables and chairs, etc. It all counts, eh?

Eventually, I did get home and changed into the gear. I did down a tostada (beef, lettuce, tomato, hot sauce, cheese, and pepper). For whatever reason tostadas seem to help.

I then set out on a night run. The LA Roadrunners guide called for 30 minutes. The senior pace leader had said just make sure you get loose, be it by running or other movement.

I got going and did decently. I headed down to Clover Park and environs and felt surprisingly good. I was amazed considering Saturday's run and particularly Saturday's struggle at the last two miles.

I made it home fairly happily and was relieved to have done much better than last Sunday's run as well as being in much better physical and mental attitude than expected. I did cut it a little short due to it getting late and needing supper and sleep as well as just wanting to keep the postivie feeling.

It has also been interesting reading emails among Group 7 and 8 paceleaders and runners.

We're getting ready for the Los Angeles Marathon!

2.06 miles

25:21 of running

12:17 pace ( a big improvement)

1 comment:

  1. Mmm... maybe it was all that adrenaline that kept you awake.
    I fell asleep like a baby.

    GRRR!!! Don't move any furniture, dude. It's in the RRs manual in small print.

    Thank you for the tostada recipe! Don't forget the frijolitos.

    I cannot believe you eat hot sauce. I don't even eat hot sauce. It makes my lip get big like Angelina Jolie's (well, at least that's how it feels)

    I am so happy to see that you're feeling much better. HURRAY!!!

    ReplyDelete