Monday, March 1, 2010

Where Did That Come From?

It was time for another training day for the LA Roadrunners program. The Los Angeles Marathon is getting closer and closer; so, these are big.

Today was a switch ... an hour at aerobic pace!

I opted to go on Monday for a few reasons. One was traditional ... most of the weeks it has been Monday. One was practical due to some work things. Another was I felt pretty good after Sunday's run and wanted some more positive feelings after Saturday's ending struggles.

After consuming a tostada, I set out on M1 dark and early. Quite early on I got a feeling of "Here we go again" as a coughing bout set in and I stopped to try and get sorted and regroup.

After that not so welcome break, the run turned around quickly. The pace quickened. I felt strong. My body felt good, even my knee. There was only a very slight feeling in my thighs of all places (that was new).

I lopped around into Los Angeles and then back towards Santa Monica Airport quite comfortably.

After the last few weeks' challenges, it felt quite good and also quite a relief. For the first time in weeks, I had a solid, solid solo training run. I am not sure how it came about as basically everything said it should not happen: Saturday's struggles, recent form, effects of the 20-miler, etc. Still, it was there! The Garmin 305 electronic conscience said so!

This was big just in restoring some confidence and right when I need it.

1:00.03 of running
5.05 miles
11:56 pace (yeah, I beat the target!)

2 comments:

  1. :-)

    This is really exciting! I am so happy that you had a fantastic run.

    It's also good to see you feeling confident. I've told you before, leave the doubts to Ms. Garcia (she currently gained 5 lbs; all that fat is slowing her down)

    Everybody knows that you're just 20 days away from successfully completing your first marathon; so don't doubt yourself.

    Even I have been feeling confident about completing this thing... despite my crazy kneecaps, not eating well, not training like I should... etc.

    You can do it, dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    Well, I don't have a scale so can't say much. You will be fine and shed plenty of calories on March 21!

    SI SE PUEDE!

    ReplyDelete