Thursday, March 25, 2010

After the Big Day

It has been interesting seeing the comments from the LA Roadrunners paceleaders and other members of Group 7 and my old group, Group 8.

It is kind of slowly sinking in just how big a deal it is to finish the marathon. I had always been so time-oriented as a sprinter at Servite and on other runs that just being happy about finishing was never even considered.

Now, I read of people who did not make it, got hurt, needed hospitalization, ... I made it!

I made it to complete the Los Angeles Marathon.

As the senior pace leader said, we can all now say, "I am a marathoner."

1 comment:

  1. YES, you are a marathoner now!!! :-)

    I have a hard time with that word, though. It's just hard pronouncing the ER at the end. Just like the word 99; the kids think I"m saying nightie night. Gosh.

    ReplyDelete