Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Run ... Getting Closer

This morning was another run for the LA Roadrunners as we gear up for the Los Angeles Marathon.

The difference was this time it was a mere 20 minutes! It seems like a joke now after the 1 hour trots and the 20 Miler.

Still, I was a little concerned as I did not sleep much last night. I got home late due to being with my CCD class and then after cleaning up and eating dinner I think I made the mistake of downing a sports drink, which probably upped the energy rather than relax me.

I got out and about pretty easily. I consciously worked not to go out as fast as Tuesday, and not just because of photographer not being present.

I thought best not to really push the throttles right before the race.

I felt good though and like I was in cruise speed. I did a Pico Boulevard Shuttle ... up and back.

It ended a little above LT pace; but, allowing for traffic lights and need to rebuild pace ... I am happy. Compared to a few weeks ago, I am very happy!

20:50 of running
1.94 miles (should have done the extra .06).
10:43 pace

2 comments:

  1. Great job!
    Yes, no need to go too fast. Save the energy for the Big Day.

    Make sure you get some sleep too.

    ReplyDelete