Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hmmmm ... a bit more than I expected

Well, the last few weeks have been a bit interesting. The senior LA Roadrunners pace leader asked for people who had lost their jobs and taken up running or taken it up again ... like me.

So, I submitted my name and story. A few days ago I was contacted for an interview. Then, I was asked for some photos, hence what happened on my very fast run Tuesday.

The results:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-marathon-recession18-2010mar18,0,2772250.story

Even rather more odd is ....
a) there are two photos in the actual paper version
b) the story starts on page 1
c) the main photo on page 1 is .... me.

It's bloody odd seeing yourself in the newspaper machine window!

2 comments:

  1. Mr. M!
    I knew you were a celebrity! Hurray!I am so happy that you were chosen for the interview!!!

    I just read your post; if I had read it earlier I would have bought the newspaper so you could sign it for me.

    What a better place for your certificate than at work. Now you can add your newspaper photograph, too. Make sure you show your family too. They will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about a celebrity ... I think it was a very slow news day.

    Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete