Monday, March 15, 2010

Build Up

It seems kind of unusual now for me ... the reduction in running seems odd. Still, the LA Roadrunners paceleaders are saying do NOT run any more than scheduled.

The Los Angeles Marathon is coming ... fast.

Yesterday, I spent some time talking about why I started, how I feel, etc. It really got me thinking about the whole journey ... and it has been a journey.

This morning I got to see photos from the run Sunday as well.

I have started to mentally prepare more for Sunday. I started thinking about songs, besides the theme song I always play.

It has been interesting as the radio will start playing something and I will go, "Right, there's one."

I do have to watch I get good ones in my head and not the old heavy metal and such I used to use before sprinting!

I am recalling the old Servite mantras though ... It is hard to forget:
MIND OVER MATTER.
IF YOU DO NOT MIND THE PAIN, IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Six Days.

2 comments:

  1. You do have to reveal your mystery song at the end.

    Yes, it's been a journey. It's been a learning experience, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. This has been an experience ...

    ReplyDelete