Thursday, January 28, 2010

Can you hurt it? Yes, I can!

Well, this morning marked the end of the lull; it was back and at it for training for the Los Angeles Marathon. I had 30 minutes to do to match the LA Roadrunners' schedule.`

It was actually hard to get up and going. I just felt a bit drained; it has not been good week, despite having a bit more rest due to the cutback week. Nevertheless, I made it outside and at least was greeted by a clear star-filled sky, which definitely helped.

I decided to experiment a little, not wearing the sleeve for my right knee.

I headed out and realized pretty soon that was a mistake. It is getting better overall; but, it was having a bad day this morning.

Also, I soon realized I had pain at the bottom of my right foot. I think I somehow pulled a muscle or something along the outer edge of the arch. I did not even know it was possible! I have found that my stride, particularly for my right leg, has changed with my knee injury and it has caused some subsequent issues. Still, I felt like some sort of pain-loving Bob the Builder: Can you hurt it? YES I CAN!

Early on I was doing well; but, soon, it was becoming an issue and I decided to reduce my speed to try and be better prepared for Saturday. Ah, the sweet concept of opportunity cost from economics classes comes to life!

So, it was a bit of a disappointing run. My calves and quads were good though; so, that was a positive. Also, I was still a lot faster than the aerobic running phase; so, that is a second positive. (I am reaching .... but, I really need all the positives I can get these days!!!!!).

30:14 of running
11:20 pace (doh)
2.67 miles

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Mr. M!

    Today is the first time you get a whack in the head for saying that your run was disappointing. Since the Medal of Power is only good for blinding people, I'll use a rolling pin instead.

    Those numbers look fantastic!!! They are much MUCH better than my results.

    I am sorry about your foot. I think you're having what I had, remember?

    I am glad, however, that you slowed down. Your knee is getting better and you want it to get even better. So please, don't over do it. PLEASEEEEEEEE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try not to damage myself to much. I keep finding new ways to cause pain on my body, not a good thing.

    ReplyDelete