Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let's See What We Can Do

Sunday for the LA Roadrunners is "Recovery Day."

After yesterday, I was happy to find no soreness at all in my calves. Apparently, five miles is not a big deal any more.

I did have some soreness in my knee; so, the ice pack rotations continued. I also decided to go for a walk in the beautiful morning conditions as well as do some errands. With no CCD class, I had time!

So, I set out and started with a leg down to Santa Monica Airport and around Clover Park, then up Cloverfield, down Colorado, up to Santa Monica Boulevard, way in to downtown, stopped at the bank, and reversed course for home.

I did have some soreness in my knee; but, no sharp pain. I also had a knee sleeve on as a test. No real problems there either.

I made it home and went back to the ice.

I was happy to be able to do the walk without too many problems. There was soreness; but, it was less than a few weeks ago when I as really hobbling.

Was this the greatest training? NO.
Was this good? Well, for me ... YES! I finished.
Time: 2:15.05
Distance: 7.12 miles
Pace: a stellar 18:50 minutes per mile, oops.

Well, may be I can walk the Los Angeles Marathon?

3 comments:

  1. Yes ... now, the question is was that good or bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was more than good; that was EXCELLENT!!!

    ReplyDelete